On Dec 22nd 2012. 4 friends decided to spend a weekend in a cabin… This is the true story of what happened.
Audio : Cool Scene by The Dandy Warhols
- Nikon D7000
- Nikon D90
- Nikkor 85mm
- Nikkor 50mm
- Nikkor 35mm
- Nikkor 18-105mm
- Gorilla pod
- Dont shoot footage wiht the 35mm. Its trash
- Shoot footage with the 85mm!
- 1080p has issues. 720p is worse
- dont worry about shooting at 1/50th. its too fuzzy anyways.
- Timelapse still looks best
- Driving car footage is bad. (Timelapse it)
- Dont shoot front on. angle it slightly youll get better views and itll be less cars on road.
- Shoot a bit of the dash or car hood for stabalization.
- Get heavier tripod
- Dont forget tripod at home (DRIVE BACK AND GET IT)
- Nightime timelapse with the moon in the corner is AWESOME
- Find a way to incorporate myself
- Dont comp all the footage before hand. Wait till there is a linear order with a song and then make the colors tranistion from shot to shot so its not too Jarring.
- Shoot footage of Dhruvi (or she will be pissed)
- Shoot Footage of place you’re staying at
- Shoot footage of people! Drinking playing cooking etc
- Colorista is awesome.
- Lie down on the dirty ground more to shoot. footage looks cooler.
- Leave microphone on. you never know when you can use the audio of things like ambient wind and waves.
- Shoot a combination of motion and stationary footage.
- Shoot footage of leaving SF!
- Shoot small clips of random things
- Dont be a bitch. wake up at 5am for sunrise.
- Sunrise sunset shoot as timelapse not footage. (once again not with the 35 use the zoom lens 18mm) (light flares badly in lens)